Thursday, January 29, 2009

On the Menu...Taco Soup

This will be on the menu for the weekend. You have to try it. It took me awhile to get the recipe just right for our taste. It's hearty, filling, warm, and delish! I'd take pictures, but it's only a few steps. Talk about easy.

Crockpot Taco Soup

3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg. dry ranch mix
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans (I use the ranch pinto beans)
1 can chili beans (no meat)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes (I use the garlic kind)
any additional seasonings you prefer

Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot. Pour taco seasoning and ranch mix on top of chicken. Place in other ingredients in order listed. DO NOT STIR!!! Place crockpot on low for 8-10 hours. After 4-5 hours, remove chicken and shredd with two forks. Place chicken back in crock pot. Stir all ingredients together at this time. Continue cooking for remaining time.

4 comments:

Corin said...

I'm loving the recipe posting. It's like having one of those dish a day calendars. This sounds great by the way.

Bree Shaw said...

i like you posting them too. gives me a new idea for supper:) keep it up!

Corin said...

Thought I would share, Tonight we are having Ham and Cheese Loaf. Which is pretty much exactly like the bacon cheeseburger roll up except you you deli ham and provelone, cheddar, and motzarella cheeses. Also I use Pizza Crust instead of Crescent rolls, because then you don't have to pinch together the seams. I'm printing this recipe for my next menu by the way.

Anonymous said...

Yum, that sounds so delicious!