Wednesday, February 25, 2009

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!

If you haven't been outside today.....you are missing out! It's gorgeous...spring fever has hit so bad! We were going to be real classy tonight and having Hamburger or Chicken Helper, but it's too beautiful not to break out the BBQ grill. Not sure what will be on it yet...maybe just grilled chicken breasts, but something! I realized today when I was driving back from Headstart speech, that I'm really annoyed by the fact that the Christmas decorations are still on the courthouse lawn in Memphis. I mean, we're talking, the Nutcracker soldiers are still in front of the door. Ridiculous! But then........ I realized MY lighted Christmas garland and big red bows are still hanging on my front porch. And my tree is still laying in my yard. AND that's ridiculous! I keep hinting to my husband to put the tree in the back of the truck, but apparently that hasn't worked so far! Oh well...

I've been fighting a stupid sinus headache for 2 days now. I think if this weather would just stay warm, we could all get and stay healthy.

I've been reading Kelly's Korner and her amazing story about her beautiful miracle daughter, Harper. It really is a true story of God's amazing grace. Read more about it here.


This week has been a much better week for me. I don't know what it was, but at that retreat GOD just kept screaming to me "You don't have to understand the plan I have for you, you just have to KNOW that I have one". I'm not saying that I don't still have questions, but I feel comforted in knowing that God is always with me. Beth's video really helped me see that all I can do is accept God's love for me and KNOW that he wants what's best for me.

We had a fantastic time at Bree's party and an even better time keeping Miss Emma. I'm sure she probably thought we were boring, but it was fun for us. Next time, we'll have to make it a whole day so we can do some fun stuff, instead of just sleeping or attempting to sleep! First, our air mattress popped, so we truly had to camp out in sleeping bags in the living room. Then the poor girl had to listen to Trenton snoring. Finally, Emma & I retreated to our big bed and left Trenton on the couch! So much for roughing it! Poor girl~! Trenton is still getting up to work out every morning! I'm so proud of him! I know it makes for a long day when you start at 4:45 am!

I can't really think of anything else to write...I've got gardening, lilacs, and green grass on the brain! Who cares about anything else!

2 comments:

Bree Shaw said...

this weather makes me want to get ouside and clean the yard up, clean out the garage, clean out my van, etc. it just makes me wanna clean. not sure why, but it does:)

Amee Jones said...

Iam so happy to hear such a positive blog. I was also very moved at retreat. I had different reasons,but i have been starting the morning asking God tofill me up. Iam tired of the bull. What a feeling!