Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm late, I'm late...well, pretty much for everything

I'm sure in an alternate universe, I would be the person who is always early. Unfortunately, in this world...I'm not. Trenton has been up for work at 3am the last 2 mornings. He was supposed to be at work by 4:30 today. On Saturday and Sunday, I set my alarm as a backup. Not last night b/c he said he didn't want to wake me up since I had school...(can you see where this story is going). Anyway, at 4:06am, I woke up to a husband still snoring away beside me. I can't blame the poor guy, he's exhausted. He hasn't been home until 9 or later the last 2 weeks and when you start your day at 3am...it wears on you over time. Needless to say, I'm not sure his feet even hit the ground or what happened, but he was out the door at 4:11am. However, when I woke up to check the time for him, I hit the alarm button on my phone and shut my own alarm off. I couldn't go back to sleep until he called and told me he was at work which was 4:50. Had I been thinking I should have just stayed up. But I didn't and overslept. I rushed to get ready. Had an important meeting at 8:30. At about 2:30 this morning, I decided, hey I should provide donuts and juice for said meeting. So, even though I was running late. I stopped at Casey's, dropped a whole box of donuts on the floor and proceeded to hurry to school. ONLY 5 minutes late. The meeting was good, but not the best way to start your day. It threw my whole routine off. I have a morning list of things I do every day, today b/c I was running late, I didn't get to do any of them. I have 4 reports staring at me and a difficult parent in my office for 2 hours today.

Good news is...I'm meeting Sarah and Amee in K-ville after school, so that should be fun! My husband once again won't be home until the late hours of the night and I'm sure will have to be up before the sun tomorrow. (have I mentioned how much I LOVE hunting season). I have seen him for a total of 45 minutes in the last 4 days, if you don't count time when he's sleeping and not exactly the most conversational human on the planet. Sorry for the complaining. Good news is: I have been praying about it. I pray that he makes it to work and back home safe and sound each day!

I am terribly sad that Chad and Laurie will be leaving. I would love for them to stay because I feel that they have made such a positive difference in our community and our church, but I definitely understand the need and desire to be closer to family. Plus, I agree with Jenn, who are we to argue with the Big Guy on what his plan is?

That's all for now......

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

Late? What's that? Everyone else is just annoyingly early! Gotta love Monday's like this!