Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas Survey

Christmas Survey

I stole this from Jenn!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper. I'll do a gift bag if it's just to awkward to wrap, but not usually.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
We always had an artificial one growing up,until Mom & David got married, then we got to go pick out a real one. I'm sure my parents loved listening to 5 kids argue about the perfect tree. Trenton and I's tradition is to go get a real one. He would probably prefer artificial, but I love the thought of picking one out with our kids each year.


3. When do you put up the tree?
If possible, Thanksgiving weekend. That's usually the plan!


4. When do you take the tree down?
Before school starts back

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not really. Only about 2 sips of it, then I'm done.


6. Favorite gift as a child?
One year I got an Rainbow Bright oven. It was awesome!



7. Easiest person to buy for?
My sisters- of which I'm not buying for any of them this year b/c we drew all BOYS!


8. question 8 seems to have disappeared!

9. Do you have a Nativity scene?

Yes a really beautiful one that someon got us as a wedding gift! I can't wait to put it up

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Usually mail, I'm not very good about getting X-mas cards out though. Maybe after we have kids...


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
One year, I really wanted a Caboodle Makeup Case. There was a box under the tree that I was sure that's what was in it. Instead on Christmas I opened up a big fuzzy robe with teddy bears on it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I have to go with the classics like Frosty, but Trenton makes me watch National Lampoons. We decided last year we were going to start our own tradition of always watching Alvin & the Chipmunks


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I have the time and money. I pick up things here and there.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can think of.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Oysters...soup, fried, raw, etc... :) Thank God I married a man who loves them just as much!

16. Lights on the tree?
Colored and flashing!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I love all the Trans-Siberian Orchestra music. But my favorite him is Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We usually spend the whole day on the run b/w all of our families. Last year, we did 5 Christmas's on Christmas Day. This year, they're spread out a little bit more. I love going to my mom's house though.


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Sure can! Just ask me!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have an angel, but growing up it was always a star.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
At mom's it's on Christmas Eve. I like to wait until Christmas morning, but Trenton is usually too impatient.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The commericalism of Christmas and how the true meaning gets lost.

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?
My favorite ornament is the broken cake topper from our wedding. We ordered a heart shaped ornament with our names, date, and a picture to use as a cake topper and our first year ornament, but my sister knocked it off the cake an hour before the wedding. The only piece that didn't shatter is the piece with our name and date on it. So we saved it and will hang it up each year. We still always get together at mom's and hang our childhood ornaments up each year.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Noodles and mashed potatoes


25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
In all honesty, I just want for the next year to be better than this year and for Trenton & I to get the chance to be parents.

26. Santa packages wrapped or unwrapped?????
Wrapped, in different paper


Feel free to copy & blog your own answers if you want to.

1 comment:

Corin said...

I think that cake topper idea is sheer genius. I'm sorry that it got broke. I suppose it gives you a story to remember everytime you decorate the tree.