Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hello?!?!?

Just noticed that I hadn't written a new post in over 2 weeks and I'm sure you are all just dying to hear the latest news from yours truly. Actually, there is no news. Life is busy, school is CRAZY, and some days I think I'm losing my mind! Trenton is working non-stop. We did take a day to celebrate our 1st (yes, it's only been 1 year) anniversary on Monday. I decided on Sunday, spur of the moment, to rent a hotel in Kirksville and surprise him when he got off work late. He was surprised for sure! I had to lie a little bit to get him there, but it all worked out. We spent the evening relaxing in a jacuzzi and watching cable (I know...how romantic, but cable's exciting when you only have KTVO at home) I had a meeting @ Truman early Monday. I was done by noon, so we grabbed some lunch at Wooden Nickel, then killed some time, Trenton went to give blood, and then headed to the movies. We went to see the movie, Fireproof. I have to say it's the best money we've spent at the movies in a long time. It was wonderful, and even if you have a great marriage, it will open your eyes to improvement. It really made me think about how we talk to each other on a daily basis and that sometimes when I think I'm doing something nice for Trenton, I am really doing it for my own benefit and that's not what God's love is about. Anyway...good movie, especially on your anniversary! We went to Wal-Mart and then spent some big bucks on a dynamite dinner at Pancake City (hey is my husband romantic or what?!?!) Just kidding, we weren't that hungry and Napoli's the Italian restaurant we wanted to try out is closed on Mondays.

Anyway, the rest of the week has just been crummy. I'm currently still at work, not doing what I should be doing, but you know when a student tells you to shut up and stop talking...it kinda puts a damper on your attitude! I told Trenton that if there had ever been a night that I needed a drink after work.......today is the day!!!

On a different note, please say a prayer for Trenton & I and a situation we are praying very hard about. I'm sure more details will follow, but for now, just keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we try to take the path God is obviously setting before us and telling our hearts to follow.

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Erin, I'm praying.....EVERYDAY, EVERY REMINDER...Love you guys!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

praying, praying, DAILY! God loves the obedient & you 2 are really put it out there in His name...Love you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You're right- Fireproof was awesome! My hubbie hates going to movies- but he thanked me for taking him!