Monday, December 1, 2008

Good Grief...

So either I'm a major sucker or just looked like I needed something else to do? The principal and superintendent just came in and asked if I would go to a grant writing workshop in Jeff City next week. Apparently, the school board wants to apply for more grants and thinks the district needs a "grant writer" to learn about different types, etc. Guess who? Apparently, I'm a "good writer" or just full of BS...I'm not really sure. All I know is, I already have to go to Jeff tomorrow for a meeting all day. Then, turn around and go back next week for 3 days...oh well, at least I can get some Christmas shopping in. I just hate being gone from school. That means, I'll miss the school Christmas program and Sarah Visser's baby shower. I'm so disappointed about that, but how do you say NO to the principal and super? Just when I think I'm caught up....

On top of that, one of our dogs got hit this weekend. We knew he was missing on Friday night, but couldn't find him. Apparently, some kids saw him get hit, but the people didn't stop. We weren't home. He laid there all night, then they saw he was still there the next day, so they picked him up and took him to their house. They came to our house yesterday saying they had found a dog. Sure enough it was ours. However, his front leg was broken, as well as his pelvis, and he was bleeding internally, so we had to have Doc put him down. You would think growing up on a farm, it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but it was the first time I'd ever had to have an animal put to sleep, and it killed me. We had a great Thanksgiving for the most part. We had a fabulous time with my family on Saturday...and I had a blast shopping with my sisters in Des Moines on Friday. Trenton has been sick since Friday fighting a cold, I've been sick, but all in all, we had a great weekend.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

O.K. Erin let's practice..."NO thanks...smile sweetly! Now let's say it together: No thanks...are you smiling sweetly?:) Just kidding...hope you enjoy your meetings and have safe travels!