Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overwhelmed...

Maybe I just got spoiled on my time off, but work is extremely overwhelming right now. I came back to a desk full of papers, all needing immediate attention. I haven't been to see my speech kids in 3 weeks because of meetings, etc... I haven't been in to visit any of my teachers in ages...or some at all. And on top of that, I'm informed yesterday that the report I've been asking about since the first of the school year, is due Wednesday AND I'm the one who has to do it. Also, something I was asking about since Day 1 and was told the secretary would do it. God Bless Ruthie if she does this for Mary every year. What a pain in the a$$. Yes, I should be working on it right now, because I currently have 1 out of 89 students entered in. But it was either write this blog, cry, or scream. I thought screaming would scare the Kindergartners heading past my door. Crying would ruin my makeup today, which actually looked decent and made me feel like a human being again. So blogging it is.......AHHH!!! I would like to return to sticking my head in the sand and pretending that work doesn't exist. I would like to go home to my wonderfully clean, laundry finished, bathroom scrubbed house and watch my soap operas.... guess I'm just a dreamer...

4 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

amen sister...is special education always this overwhelming or is it just new job anxiety for both of us?

Andrea Frederick said...

at least you have a way to vent:)

Jamie said...

Awww Sweetie...
At least you have a place to vent... We all need one of those. I hope everything works out!
We miss you and can't wait to see you guys again. My school e-mail is casteeja@asde.net and my personal e-mail is jamiejcasteel@yahoo.com Feel free to e-mail at any time (even if it is just a vent - you know I won't care!)
Love ya,
Jamie

Andrea Frederick said...

your tagged see my blog for details