Friday, March 12, 2010

Reflexology

I have had an excruiating headache everyday, all day, for the last 2 weeks straight. It started 2 days before I got the brace off on the right side of my neck and extends up the right side of my head. It's gotten bad enough that at times, I have blurred vision in that right eye. I asked the doctor about it the day I got the brace off and he said it would probably go away. Or not. After no relief, regardless of the medicinal treatment....I made an appt with a reflexologist here in Memphis on a recommendation from Rhonda.


Now, I'm all about a good massage. Sign me up any day. But I was a little leery of the actual benefits of reflexology. Let me tell you, after my hour appt with the wonderful Mennonite lady yesterday...I'm a believer. I don't really care if you tell me the whole pressure point/total body connection is all in my head or not. I went in with a headache, and left without one. I haven't had one since, knock on wood. Now my neck is sore from the deep tissue massage part, but I'll take sore over blinding pain ANY DAY!! First, it was better, like 10 times better, than any massage I've ever had. And second, it was only 25 bucks! Seriously. Walked in a 8:59 and out at 10:06. Spent 5 minutes filling out some paperwork and the rest of the time seriously working out some major muscular issues. I'm going back next Tuesday for a follow-up and may become a regular. It sure beats the prescription headache meds and sleepless nights. I slept like a baby last night!

Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone else ever have it done before? Any one tried the herbal remedies or anything other than tylenol, chiro, etc route...?

6 comments:

Diane Melvin said...

I may have to check it out. I've had hip pain since wrapping gifts on Black Friday. It wakes me up at night and after sitting for awhile I can hardly walk. Will you send me the phone number?

Erin said...

It's 465-2270

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm all for it...we've been trying to do more of the "natural cure" instead of meds, meds, meds, especially for Natalee and I know manipulations really helped her so I don't see why this wouldn't work. Probably way more than mind/matter...glad she did you some good!

Jennifer said...

Right after I had Ada she sent me a free 30 min session. I have yet to use it, I was leary about it, I'm glad you went and have such a good report!! Now I can go use my mine!!!

Shonya said...

So glad you're feeling better! I think there is merit to a lot of natural/alternative methods, esp considering that God is a God of order, so it just makes sense that things would all work together. I think there is a time and place for all different sorts of healing options.