Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coming Soon....

House pictures...I promise. Several of you have been asking and I've located the camera, so as soon as I catch a free minute, I'll post some pictures. Promise!

On a positive note, we're in, we're living, and we're chaotic...but we're getting there. Kitchen and bedroom are almost all unpacked. Trenton has all four toilets and showers up and running. We've not *fingers crossed* seen any live mice for a couple weeks (or none my husband has mentioned to me anyway). I baked my first cake in the new kitchen yesterday and actually had room to move around. Mom helped me get the bedroom "mom" cleaned on Monday night and I've slept great the last two nights. We hung a few pictures yesterday and I'm already dreaming of Christmas.

NOW...I feel like I need to express how extremely grateful and thankful I am that God provided us with our little house 2 years ago. As a newly married couple, being able to move into "our" own home was absolutely memorable. I know most people would jump at the idea of moving to a house that has 4 times the space we had in our little house, but I loved our little house with all my heart. I cried several nights while trying to decide if I really wanted to leave it. Sure having to push the kitchen table out of the way to open the fridge was a pain. Not having a single closet in the house caused many moments of anxiety when looking for a certain item of clothing because there was no space for dressers. Having no cabinet space or room to move when trying to roll out pie crust caused me much distress. BUT that little house was where we first made our home as husband and wife. That little bitty spare bedroom was where I dreamed of decorating a nursery and bringing our baby home last year. That cramped living room with the drafty windows is where I sulked all winter because I felt abadoned by God. The tiny bedroom that was always lit up because the pole light shone right in the window ALL night long, was where my husband held me as I sobbed after our loss. BUT that little cramped kitchen is also where we danced to the radio. That same living room is where we snuggled on the couch and laughed while watching the puppies wiggle around on the floor. The basement that flooded and ruined our furnace and water heater is where I think we first realized that well, sometimes life just stinks.

And while I'm extremely happy to have enough room to play indoor football and space to actually have friends over to visit without the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome).....I thank God for our little house that was filled with love, happiness, sadness, determination, joy, life, death, tears, smiles, and laughter. It was a blessing in many ways to us and our marriage.

4 comments:

Corin said...

What a great post. I totally agree. There is just nothing like the first place you really call home as a couple. I miss our place in Washington way more then I ever thought I would.
God Bless your new home and your new adventure.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Love this post & you!
Congratulations on the move!

Diane Melvin said...

Now that I'm also crying...

I felt the same way when we moved from our rental into our house. I couldn't wait to have a house that I could do whatever I wanted to, be out of town, and actually start a family. I was also sad. That was our house. The first house that I'd ever lived by myself, first house we moved into as a couple, and I loved the neighbors. Now, I wouldn't change it for the world. Congrats on the move and I can't wait to see pictures!!

Bree Shaw said...

thanks for the big knot in my throat now! great post erin!!! so glad you are moved and things are looking up for you. keep up your awesome love for God.