Friday, August 22, 2008

Good-bye Summer!

Day # 2 of school and I'm exhausted already. I really really like my job, but I have to admit that I'm very homesick for Schuyler. I miss the staff and I'm heartsick for "my" kids. I know it will get better once I get settled in a little more and it helps knowing that Jenn is going through the same emotions. I think the tragedy here has made it a little bit difficult to 1) get in a groove and 2) get to know some of the staff b/c they are all grieving as a group.
Life has been crazy to say the least lately. Trenton is taking today off work for the first time in 3 1/2 weeks and I'm at school. He's spending his day moving the furniture out of our bedroom so Kate and I can paint it and Jamie and Josiah are going to redo the hardwood. What a good husband! Actually, he just knows if he doesn't do it, I would try to move it all by myself...cause' I'm stubborn like that! We are going to visitation tonight for James' dad and possibly going to Antique Days in Memphis later. We've been very blessed lately with a lot of things in our lives and I just hope we can pay it forward and continue to grow in our faith and family.
We are awaiting the upcoming arrival of my niece! Holly is supposed to be having her baby sometime in the next month...hopefully in a few more weeks, because I'm getting anxious!

Ok, well that's it for now......I better get back to my actual job...which I'm pretty sure did not include blogging in the description!

3 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

everybody deserves a break...and if it counts i read your blog at work...okay--back to the grindstone!

Bree Shaw said...

come visit the stixx baseball tent on the east side of the cthouse lawn. we are doing a duck pond, ring toss to win a 2 ltr bottle of pop and we have sno cones. we are doing a fundraiser for their traveling team:) i will probably see ya there

Bree Shaw said...

the antique days that is. and guess what.... i am reading your blog at work too:)