Monday, September 29, 2008

How great is our God?

I cannot even begin to express my gratefulness in having such a wonderful and caring Lord that watches over me. I should explain...last Wednesday after I finally posted about our exciting news, I started having a lot of trouble that evening. I've had trouble, bleeding/cramping early on and the doctor said that if it didn't last more than a day or two, not to worry...well come Friday, I was worried. They're not in the office on Fridays, but advised bed rest for the weekend, ultrasound at 11 on Monday and absolutely to take it easy. Easier said than done with 2 surprise parties (thrown by Trenton & I) on Saturday and Sunday. Bless my sisters for stepping in and taking charge both days, even though Sunday was for Lisa and I'm sure they had better ways of spending their weekends. My mom came and helped me cook food on Sunday for Lisa's party and basically I was able to rest and do what the dr. said. However, the bleeding/cramping didn't stop and by last night, I was a frantic trainwreck of emotions. Trenton & I had talked & were hoping for the best, but prepared (or the best we could) for the worst this morning. However, when we got in there, the little monkey was wiggling all around, HB of 171, and in general doing great. We've measured behind all along, so that wasn't a real concern because it's consistent. The dr. said in all his years of delivering babies and what not, he's had a handful of people that inexplicably bleed/cramp and everything is fine. He said take it easy and rest assured the little one is healthy. WHEW!!! I know God has a plan for Trenton & I, but it's heartbreaking to think that something is wrong when you've become so attached to the little person inside. Sorry for the ramble, but after this weekend, I just wanted to lift this wonderful joy up in praise of God!

3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Erin....and Trenton,
I am so glad things are o.k. I was worried when I read your facebook status. I'll definitely keep praying for you and if you need ANYTHING...CALL!
Love ya!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Just keep focusing on that positive & EXPECT a super healthy little one...mindset is part of the battle! I'll be praying that health stays with you the rest of the time (even though I'm still a little jealous that you are able to keep your breakfast down (oh who am i kidding?...and your lunch & supper!)).

Amee Jones said...

Keep up the positive attitude. I am so glad that all is well. Now the surprises are over, and it's time for you to focus on you! Talk to you soon. LOVE YOU!