Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Exciting Stuff......and more...

So....I've been dying to write this particular blog for over a month and a half now...but I can finally breathe a sigh (a small sigh) of relief and start letting people know that......Trenton & I are expecting!!! FINALLY!!! I hate secret keeping and lately it seems like my whole life has revolved around keeping other people's secrets, not to mention our own little secret. I thought at first it would be fun that only Trenton, me & a few select others knew about it, but then as other things started piling up, it really wasn't that fun. I wanted to be able to ask people for advice & not worry myself to death. I wanted to be excited about my blessing instead of bogged down with everyone else's drama...and finally we can. I'm sure there is enough other things going on in people's lives that this isn't obviously going to be the center of everyone's world, but it is mine despite all the other junk going on. So, I'm officially announcing it...I'm going to be a mom! :)

On other news...we (Trenton & I) just got back from my 3 day conference at Tan-Tar-A. It was so nice to escape the reality of our lives at home for just a few days, even though it was work related. We didn't really do anything exciting down there, other than went swimming and enjoyed the cable TV. We were supposed to have a room with a king size bed, but ended up in a room with 2 double beds. Ever tried to share a double bed with a bed hogging husband after you've gotten used to your spacious queen sized bed? It felt like trying to share a bunk bed...But besides getting no sleep for 2 days, we had a great time. Hunting season begins today for Trenton, so I won't see alot of him from now until the end of November. I told him the other day I'm a seasonal widow! We worked at the farm for a couple hours last night to get the finishing touches on for today. I'm exhausted and couldn't sleep last night, so I'll be taking a long nap before Sonlight tonight.

Ok, I've been gone from work for 5 days, I'm pretty sure I don't know where the top of my desk is, so instead of blogging, I should probably get caught up on work stuff...

6 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Congrats! I am very excited for you. When are you due?

Amee Jones said...

Finally, I think that month and a half was about to kill me too! I love knowing secrets, just not keeping them!!!!! Anything for you my dear ;)

Cindy said...

Congrats also! I will have to tell Chris as he was just giving Trenton crap about having kids:)

Erin said...

We're due April 22nd, for now. We've been consistently measuring about a week behind since the very beginning. We'll have another ultrasound sometime in late November/early December, when we find out what it is, and he said if we were still measuring behind, he'd change it then.

Bree Shaw said...

congrats!i hope all goes well! new babies are so much fun to be excited about.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

Yay! I'm so excited you're telling because, although I've never told you this, secret keeping is really hard for me (although I've done amazingly well!).
Let it be the center of your world...it is mine & its something no one can take away from you!!