Thursday, July 1, 2010

I hear it only gets worse...???

So this whole "pregnancy brain" thing. I always that it was somewhat of a "myth". Until, I forgot to make my husband's truck payment, I went to work with 2 non-matching flip flops, and several other crazy things that have come out of my mouth. For instance, on Saturday, we decided to lay down for a bit and rest. I had already fallen asleep on the couch for a few minutes, so we just moved in to the bed. Trenton was watching the soccer game and I was slipping into nap time. I was only half listening to the announcer on TV and in my defense still kinda in that sleep state. I swear the announcer said, "if this team wants to win, they're really going to need testicle keepers"......

Now what they really said, was " if this team wants to win, they're really going to need to test the goal keeper". I sat up in bed and asked Trenton if I heard what I thought I did. Of course, he bust into hysterical laughter and has been teasing me about "testicle keepers" every since.

They tell me this whole fuzzy brained thinking gets worse? If that's true, I'm not sure what kinda shape I'll be in come December.

3 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

it's true...it only gets worse. and now you understand why, 2 days before they were due, I was scheduling IEPs and finishing paperwork. it's not b/c I didn't care--it's b/c I truly forgot. good luck with that office job of yours! ;)

Melanie said...

Yeah. Sadly it does just get worse. I dont know if Im past it yet... the whole getting up at all hours of the night doesnt help clear my head much! :)

Shonya said...

giggle, milk it for all it's worth!